Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Baby Boy and Me dedicated to my refluxy baby

I came across this poem when I first had Cooper thinking that it would be true. It rang true at first, because I thought it would not be long before he would be settled and all the 3am wakings would be finished. Well I have spent every night for 13 months soothing him through his reflux. But I still love this poem.



My Baby Boy and Me

Its 3 am they're all asleep

And no one's here to see

As we rock slowly back and forth

My Baby Boy and Me.

His little head is feather lighttucked up against my chin

I hold his tiny hand in mineand stroke his baby skin.

The house about us creaks and groans

the clock hands creep around.



He snuggles closer to me still

and makes his baby sounds.

I love these quiet hours so much

and cherish every one

store memories up inside my heart

for lonely nights to come.

All too soon he'll be grown up

his need for Mama gone

but until then I still have time

for kisses and for song.

Time for quiet hours like this

with him cuddled in my arms

where I wish he'd always stay

protected safe and warm.

And yet I know the day will come

when this tiny little hand

will be much bigger than my own

he'll grow to be a man.

But until then he's mine to love

with no one here to see

as we rock slowly back and forth

my baby boy and me.
~ Jane Triplett ~

No comments: